ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES OF ANTI-RAGGING AND DISCIPLINE COMMITTEE
Anti-Ragging and Discipline Committee will be responsible to ensure that no incident of ragging takes place in the institution.
Anti ragging complaints, in whatever form, shall be dealt with immediately and appropriately. The Head will take prompt and appropriate action against the person(s) whose negligence of duty lead to the incident.
To consider the recommendations of the Anti-Ragging Squad and take appropriate decisions, including spelling outsuitable punishments to those found guilty.
The Committee will meet, record minuteswith Head of the institution and anti-ragging squad periodically.
What constitutes Ragging: –
Ragging constitutes one or more of any of the following acts:
- An act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or any other student.
- Indulging in rowdy or undisciplined activities by any student or students which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship, physical or psychological harm to any fresher or any other student.
- Asking any student to do any act which such student will not do in the ordinary course and which has the effect of causing of shame, torment or embarrassment to fresher or any other student
- Any act by a senior student that prevents, disrupts or disturbs the regular academic activity of any other student or a fresher.
- Exploiting the fresher for completing the academic tasks assigned to an individual or a group of students.
- Any act of financial expenditureput on a fresher or any other student by students.
- Any act of physical abuse including sexual abuse, homosexual assaults, stripping, forcing obscene causing bodily harm or any other danger to health or person.
- Any act or abuse by spoken words, emails, posts, public insults to fresher or any other student.
- Any act that affects the mental health and self-confidence of a fresher or any other student with or without purpose to derive a sadistic pleasure or showing off power, authority or superiority by a student over any fresher or any other student.
Punishment for Ragging
- Cancellation of admission
- Suspension from attending classes
- Withholding/withdrawing scholarship/fellowship and otherbenefits
- Debarring from appearing inexamination and evaluation process
- Withholding results
- Suspension/expulsion from the hostel
- Rustication from the institution for certain period
- Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to anyother institution
- Collective punishment: when the persons committing or abetting the crime ofragging are not identified, the institution shall resort to collective punishment as a deterrent to ensure community pressure on the potential raggers.